Friday 24 April 2015

When to Break up with a Challenge

I'm very vocal about my love of a good challenge.  I've done so many over the past few years that I can hardly remember them all.  This year has proven to be no different.

This year alone, I gave up alcohol for 3 months, I've written a gratitude journal everyday since January, I gave up sugar for a month, I've meditated every day for a month straight and I did 10,000 steps everyday for 2 months straight.  It's kind of hard to believe it's only the end of April!

One of the biggest challenges I have is deciding when it is ok to break my streak.  Sometimes the decisions are easy, sometimes life just gets in the way.  A lot of stress, pressure and lack of routine broke my healthy habits this  month leaving me disappointed and relieved.  Disappointed because the healthy routines made me feel better, yet relieved because there are some days eating clean, not having a drink with friends or stressing out at 9pm when I'm a solid 5K away from my step goal.

As I begin to think about what I should put next on my challenge to do list, I'm trying to find a way to incorporate one that includes a little balance.  A challenge that puts a focus on my health and wellness goals that also allows me to live a little, to relax and to enjoy life. What kind of challenge can help me achieve my goals?




No comments:

Post a Comment